Welcome to the website of the Forth Yacht Clubs Association.
- Spring Talks at Port Edgar Yacht Club (13 March, 2018) - PEYC would like to invite you to the first of the club’s Spring talks entitled “Autism On The Water”. It will be presented by PEYC member Murray MacDonald who will explain what autism is, and how sailing helps people with autism. Murray is a real character and was even recently mentioned mid ocean in the […]
- Forth Series 2018 (3 March, 2018) - The calendar of events for the new Forth Series 2018, replacing the FIG series of previous years, is now available. Please select from the menu, Racing->Forth Series 2018 or click here. The rules of the Forth Series are available on the Conditions page. A downloadable poster for the series is available here.
- West Highland Yachting Week 2018 (25 February, 2018) - Taking part in West Highland Yachting Week has got to be one of the highlights of any sailor’s career. This year it is from 27th July to 3rd August. The WHYW committee are trying to negotiate with Scottish Canals for a hefty discount for East Coast yachts using the Caledonian Canal to attend the event. […]
- Isle of May Burial Sites (16 February, 2018) - An article has appeared in The Times about research into Isle of May. The article can be found here :- The Times Article – Isle of May
- Twechar and Bonnybridge Lift Bridge F&C Canal disruption (1 February, 2018) - Immediate at 1 Feb2018 Many thanks for the constructive discussion at LCVG in regard to the issues identified with the operation of Twechar and Bonnybridge lift bridges. As discussed, with the technical problems that we have identified, we have no option but to temporarily close these bridges until funding can be identified to facilitate either […]
- Tide Tables for Leith 2018 (10 January, 2018) - The tide tables for Leith are now on the website and can be found on the right hand side of most pages.
- Yacht Championship 2017 Results (13 November, 2017) - The results have been collated and can be viewed here YC 2017 Final. For rules and conditions please refer to the Yacht Championship page.
- FIG Series 2017 Results (13 November, 2017) - The FIG series results have now been collated and can be accessed here – FIG2017. For rules and conditions please refer to the FIG Conditions page.
- Stirling Town Quay Repairs Completed (19 October, 2017) - Repairs to the collapse at Stirling Town Quay have been finished. A 25m bowed wall of gabion baskets topped by concrete blocks and a steel railing fence has been constructed. The wall is rough with stones protruding from the baskets. There are under water obstacles at each end of the new wall visible at lower […]
- ECSF 2017 (17 September, 2017) - All the results from East Coast Sailing Festival 2017 are now available on the Qualifying Regattas page.
- ECSF 2017 SIs Now Available (31 August, 2017) - ECSF 2017 Sailing Instructions are now available on the Qualifying Regattas Page. The are also available here: ECSF 2017 SI’s.
- URBAN UNION ECSF Festival Muster (28 August, 2017) - The entry form can be downloaded from here.
- Cramond Boat Club Dinghy Regatta (11 August, 2017) - Notice and Sailing Instructions are attached for the Cramond Boat Club dinghy regatta on 19th and 20th August. Please note that there will be a single open handicap class including a cadet class. Entries from visitors will be very welcome. If you intend to take part, please let me know at email@example.com Notice of Race […]
- Forth and Clyde Canal Update (26 July, 2017) - Information from Scottish Canals The repairs to Lock 9 Cill were completed last Friday, a 48 hour “curing Time” for the concrete means that the canal will open for business on Monday 24th July.
- DBSC Gavin Adamson FIG (26 July, 2017) - DBSC Gavin Adamson Memorial Trophy (Sunday 27th August). SIs are now available on the Qualifying Events Page.
- Yacht Championship – Aberdour and FCC (15 July, 2017) - SI, NOR and courses now available for the FCC Regatta. A poster is available. Results for the Aberdour Regatta have been published. All can be found in the Yacht Championship page.
- Burntisland Regatta (3 July, 2017) - The NOR and SI are now available on the Qualifying Regattas page.
- Forth and Clyde Canal Blockage (3 July, 2017) - We have just received this worrying notice from Scottish Canals. If you are planning, or have commenced a transit in July, please make sure to call 0845 6766000 or 07810 794467 to find the current situation. Lock 9 is East of Falkirk, West of the Forth sealock. You can still do Bowling to Auchinstarry, or […]
- DBSC Gavin Adamson Memorial Trophy – Postponement (23 June, 2017) - In the light of the forecast and feedback from potential competitors it has been decided to POSTPONE the Gavin Adamson Memorial Trophy Race which was due to be sailed from DBSC next Sunday (25 June). The new date currently proposed is Sunday 27 August. Rodger Harvey-Jamieson DBSC Keelboat Racing Rep
- Fisherrow Regatta 2017 (17 June, 2017) - Next weekend is the Fisherrow Yacht Club Regatta, please could you relay our invitation to your members to attend. We would very much welcome visiting yachts and dinghies at our event which is made even more special by this being our Jubilee year; there is a great vibe around the club and we have just opened […]